Action Man World

Celebrate Action Man & friends, including Hall of Fame G.I.JOE (1993 onwards). This is a friendly site for the MAM fans and was designed for desktop and laptop computers.

HomeHome  Mission ReportsMission Reports  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

My 10 Year Old Upgraded Desktop Computer Rig..

Go down 
AuthorMessage
amwic
Admin

Location : Between here and saving another MAM! "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: My 10 Year Old Upgraded Desktop Computer Rig..   Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi, I thought I would show you my upgraded computer rig that I use everyday, I have a nickname for her (Lisa).

I am still using my trusted old desktop PC that I find hard to let go of after 10 years, because it was a birthday gift from my parents back in 2007, it's a HP Pavilion a6210uk desktop computer, nothing fancy, just a standard business type computer, but I have made many improvements to it via internal upgrades over the years...

My 10 year old upgraded computer rig:

1. Computer model: HP Pavilion a6210uk desktop Computer, built to last.

2. Memory: DDR2 6GB RAM, speed PC2-6400 (800MHz) I'm planning on adding another 2GB memory stick to take it to 8GB next month (saving up for it).

3. Two internal hard drives, WD1TB & Hitachi 500GB @ 5.9 & 5.4 speeds - The 500GB drive is for all my design backups.

4. Sapphire/Radeon HD7750 graphics @ 800MHZ speed with 1GB DDR5 fast memory for photo editing.

5. Antec 450W power supply (PSU).

6. AFX Steel Series Firefight mechanical gaming keyboard (orange illuminated keys) and matching gaming mouse.

7. Screen: DVI connection to a 27" Acer LED @ 1920x1080, plus a Samsung secondary LCD monitor screen of 22" @ 1600x1050.

8. External (black box) Seagate hard-drive @ 500GB memory 5.2 speed?.

9. Operating system Windows 10 Home edition.

10. UBL Pro Stereo speakers.

11. Norton Security Deluxe.

12. My rig regularly gets cleaned: dusted grills and keyboard hoovered.

13. Internal and external memory card readers for all cards.

15. Extra external USB2 4 interface bank.(By TRUST)

I don't own a touch screen phone at all, only a Samsung laptop running Windows 10 on a large 17.5 built in screen. I find viewing forums via Firefox browser on a big screen is always a more enjoyable experience. I also have a brand new modern desktop PC with i5 at 3.5GHZ speed which is running Windows 8.1, plus tons of computer spares stripped from old desktop computers, plus a big stack of keyboards and mouse controllers, memory modules, also spare internal Hard drives X2, oh... and countless graphic cards, some are still mint boxed. I don't like to see old desktop computers die, I like to upgrade them and keep them running.

What's your rig: phone, tablet, laptop or Desktop PC?  

clivvers @ RIP beloved Windows Vista.

Last edited by amwic on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:33 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.actionmanworld.com
Sparklebudgie
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: My 10 Year Old Upgraded Desktop Computer Rig..   Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:32 pm

99% touchscreen iPhone6s and new generation iPad. I do have a windows10 laptop but it's only really used for picture storage and downloading my cycling Strava kit that Apple just doesn't like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amwic
Admin

Location : Between here and saving another MAM! "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: My 10 Year Old Upgraded Desktop Computer Rig..   Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:43 pm

Sparklebudgie wrote:
99% touchscreen iPhone6s and new generation iPad. I do have a windows10 laptop but it's only really used for picture storage and downloading my cycling Strava kit that Apple just doesn't like.
Cool expensive bits of tech kit you have there Bri,

I find iPhones a bit to confusing for me, there's a knack to opening menus and scrolling, at the moment I've been left behind.. Perhaps one day I will be able to use a touch screen phone properly, they look very complicated to use.. I was a bit paranoid of having my finger prints taken via the touch screen lol!

Back to top Go down
amwic
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My 10 Year Old Upgraded Desktop Computer Rig..   Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:19 am

I've just installed a more powerful graphic/video card into my home graphic design workstation computer above, it's now a Asus Expedition GeForce GTX 1050. The old Sapphire/Radeon HD7750 is still great to use and will be waiting on the sidelines until an old desktop PC comes my way (free gift), then it will go in that to upgrade it. The new video card should make my Railway Simulator trains run on time lol!

The keyboards that I use now are illuminated mechanical gaming ones. Very Happy

All I need now is another 2GB of ram memory and this 10 year old desktop PC is fully complete to my liking. The future looks brighter for new laptops, most will come with illuminated keys so you can see what you are typing in dimly lit rooms.

Back to top Go down

My 10 Year Old Upgraded Desktop Computer Rig..
Page 1 of 1